Here are a few highlights of media coverage of Rebuild the Dream in print, on radio, and on video. If you're a member of the media interested in an interview or finding out more about Rebuild the Dream, please contact us at [email protected].
- Ebony did an exclusive profile of Van Jones, his story, and how he came to become a co-founder of Rebuild the Dream.
- Fox Business called our newest American Dream fellow, Molly Katchpole, a "fee-fighting vigilante." The interview looks at how Molly started two petitions that made Bank of America and Verizon back down on unfair customer fees.
- Van Jones partnered with New Bottom Line ally George Goehl to call on the White House to bring banks involved in the mortgage crisis to justice. Pressure from allies and Rebuild the Dream influenced President Obama's announcement of an investigation into bank fraud during the State of the Union address.
- Herald Net reported on Van Jones' appearance at Lynnwood Convention Center in Washington over Martin Luther King weekend, where he spoke about Rebuild the Dream and "the next American economy".
- Katrina vanden Huevel discussed Rebuild the Dream's work with allies to run 99% candidates in 2012.
- Van Jones was named one of twelve leaders "who get things done" despite the conservative gridlock in Congress by Rolling Stone.
- For the week of Martin Luther King day, Washington Whispers covered Rebuild the Dream's MLK meet-ups, where members got to together to discuss the Civil Rights Movement's legacy and how it ties into movements for economic justice today.
- Van was named one of the Grio's most influential social entrepreneurs in the world.
- In "The Return of Van Jones," Politico profiled Van's work with Rebuild the Dream, and our next steps for building a cohesive progressive movement.
- NPR reported on Take Back the American Dream conference as a strong energetic push from activists to make Obama take a more progressive stand.
- The Washington Post reported on the widespread movement to revive the economy and save Medicare and Social Security.
- MSNBC reported on the intersecting interests and motives of Occupy Wall Street and the American Dream Movement.
- The Hill covered AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka's speech at the Take Back the American Dream conference urging passage of the American Jobs Act as the first step in an economic recovery.
- David Dayen at FireDogLake noted that American Dream Movement protests are planned throughout the fall and would build up to a November 17 Day of Action.
- CBS News thinks that the latest wave of protests, including the American Dream Movement, has coalesced into an "American Autumn".
- Van Jones spoke to Lawrence O'Donnell on The Last Word:
- Van Jones sat down with Tavis Smiley to talk about the American Dream Movement:
- Van Jones spoke to Bill Maher about Occupy Wall Street. Here's Part One:
- And Part Two:
- Highlights from over 400 jobs protests during the August congressional recess:
- Van Jones talks with Ed Schultz:
- Roundup of 1600 American Dream house meetings reaching every single congressional district.
- Van Jones sat down on the Tom Joyner Morning Show for an interview with Roland Martin.
- Media roundup of default crisis district rallies.
- Rebuild the Dream's launch in New York:
- Van Jones discusses Rebuild the Dream with Lawrence O'Donnell:
- Van talks about Rebuild the Dream's launch with Keith Olbermann:
Do you like this post?