We just saved Americans $22 billion. I'll say it again -- it's still sinking in for me! -- our movement just saved Americans $22 billion. The House and Senate just passed a bill to stop a hike on federal student loan interest rates. Congress just avoided a huge catastrophe. But they didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. They did it because hundreds of thousands of people stood up and made them do it. WE made them do it. Just look at all the blood, sweat, and phone calls behind this grassroots victory:
- 330,000 letters and petition signatures
- 16,000 phone calls
- 1 million+ views for our 6 Things You Should Know infographic
- 15,000+ views for our powerful video
- 1,100 heartfelt stories shared on our interactive map
- 3,200 Letters to the Editor; read one member's letter in The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- 1 full-page ad in Politico, funded by small dollar donations (I love this ad -- it's so powerful)
Do you like this post?